Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Something like homesickness?

I don't know what it is, but I've been feeling down lately. Maybe it's because so many people are leaving Korea and I know I probably won't see them again. I'm not so very depressed about it, but maybe hearing about so many of my acquaintances and friends leaving and seeing them off or not being able to see them off is making me feel a little sad, a little lonely, and lethargic.

That and I'm not getting enough sleep.

But at times like these, I feel awkward and shy and a little needy (or very needy, compared to my usual self). Then I try harder not to come off that way... but I can't tell if it's working or not. Haha. I hope I get used to being part of such a transient community, or find more permanently local friends quick.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Yea...you DEFINITELY need to go to bed at a reasonable time.
    2. We all meet people for a reason. Even though you are parting your ways with your friends now...there will be a time when you all meet again. I mean look at us...we met for like a very brief moment during the orientation...who would have thought that we'd become such close friends (right? ha...ha...ha...) Don't be too depressed/sad. I think the feelings are mutual...people who are leaving and people who are staying are both sad.
    3. You'll meet more great friends. Good things happen to good people. ^^

    And...ice skating was so much fun! Speedy Gloria ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorrriaaaaa I'll miss you! :~(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw~

    Thanks Jennie and Aaron. I'm going to miss you both, like... THIIIIIIIIIIIS much.

    And I do need a better sleeping schedule for sure! Exercise helps. :)

    ReplyDelete