After waiting about 25 minutes, I had already decided that the penchant for Korean people to be about half an hour late to start events doesn't apply to career related appointments such as interviews. After all, if I want to be a teacher there, I'd certainly expect the schools in Seoul to open on time.
I checked the e-mail I had exchanged with my recruiter, and there was the reason for my wait. I had somehow mistyped a 2 instead of a 5, which would have made more sense if had a number pad on my laptop. I e-mailed Dave, the recruiter I'm in contact with right away.
Dave also informed me that they usually consider missed interviews as failed interviews, but he would try to see if they can reschedule one for me; so I'm sitting here, feeling very idiotic, nervously wishing and hoping to hear something positive back from them soon.
There are two things that I was thankful for in this situation. #1 - Lest all else fails me, I know at least one direct number to a hospital. And #2 - At least the number ended up being to a hospital; it could have been much worse. "Hello. You have reached Triple X Adult Home Videos. How may I service you?" There would definitely be no rescheduling of an interview after that.
(My away message on AIM for most of the day: "진짜속상헤. 아이구... わたしわばかばかばか!" It's interesting that when I get excited or emotional, I get the urge to use different languages, like Korean, Japanese, or Spanish.)
I checked the e-mail I had exchanged with my recruiter, and there was the reason for my wait. I had somehow mistyped a 2 instead of a 5, which would have made more sense if had a number pad on my laptop. I e-mailed Dave, the recruiter I'm in contact with right away.
Dear Mr. Dave ******:Initially, I wondered if he had sent the wrong phone number to the office, but I checked my copy of the application and saw that I was indeed the one at fault. An anxious four hours later, I received a reply:
I checked the e-mail again because I hadn't heard from the Seoul office and realized that the phone number is incorrect. My phone number is 1-***-**5-****. I'm sorry I didn't see the error until now. Please let me know how I can reschedule an interview.
Thanks so much,
Gloria Oh
Dear Gloria,They called a hospital.
I just heard from the [Seoul Office] about interviews for today- they called a hospital.
Dave also informed me that they usually consider missed interviews as failed interviews, but he would try to see if they can reschedule one for me; so I'm sitting here, feeling very idiotic, nervously wishing and hoping to hear something positive back from them soon.
There are two things that I was thankful for in this situation. #1 - Lest all else fails me, I know at least one direct number to a hospital. And #2 - At least the number ended up being to a hospital; it could have been much worse. "Hello. You have reached Triple X Adult Home Videos. How may I service you?" There would definitely be no rescheduling of an interview after that.
(My away message on AIM for most of the day: "진짜속상헤. 아이구... わたしわばかばかばか!" It's interesting that when I get excited or emotional, I get the urge to use different languages, like Korean, Japanese, or Spanish.)

Hahahaha
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they called a hospital too!
I hope your wait for their reply won't be too long, and until then~ happy December.
Is it cold over there as it is in NY?
I hope so too! Thanks. :) Happy December to you also. It's getting rather chilly here too. Hope it's not too cold in NY. I've only really visited over summer months, so I don't really know how the weather is in NYC over the winters. I should go and visit before I leave (if I get to leave). =]
ReplyDeleteHey, it's getting rather cold over there, too? Damn, it happens here as well, and always around winter. I think we're on to soemthing big here.
ReplyDeleteOn a different note, welcome to the blogging world. Or blogosphere, as those pricks call it. Coming from a guy who posts mediocre updates every once in a blue moon... I hope to read more of the adventures of tiny Gloria Oh and whatnot. ;)
p.s.: Oh, I got that last one wrong. :P
ReplyDeleteA lovely december to both of you. Till next time, *tips hat*. :)
You have a hat? ;P
ReplyDeleteOh my! haha, that made me giggle.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, Ms. Urr! They definitely will reschedule you. =)
Why, thank you Ms. Nurr. I am hoping so. =]
ReplyDeleteDid you ever have the chance to reschedule? Hope so! And we should hang out soon too ...
ReplyDeleteI did, actually. :) I had my interview last night. And yes, we should. I'll give you a call soon.
ReplyDelete