After doing about 5 minutes of yoga (I’m hardcore, I know), I sat myself in front of my computer and was immensely impressed at the persistence of a guy named “Joey B.” in a Facebook game called Mafia Wars. At this rate, he should be my bitter arch nemesis, if he’s not already. I wonder if he’s actually upset with me or taking it all in fun, but I can’t help feeling that he’s more serious about this game than he should be. As I was counting the number of times he’s taken the effort to kill me within the last hour, my phone rang.
I gave the correct number this time!
The interview was very quick; the questions took, at most, ten minutes. The rest of the interview comprised of my own questions concerning the English curriculum and the arrival schedule. My interviewer, John, let me know I should be hearing back within the next day or two from my recruiter, who would be Dave. That was the first and last time I’d speak with John, apparently.
He stumbled a few times in the beginning of the interview, which actually put me more at ease. It’s not the first time someone’s done that over a phone interview with me, so I wonder if it’s some sort of tactic to get interviewees more comfortable. One thing that would have made me much more comfortable is if he had just told me I was hired instead of just telling me that I’d get a “green light… or a red light” from Dave, but for a while it sounded like I already was or perhaps that was my wishful thinking.
My dog decided to come chill out in my room toward the end of the interview. I heard her scratch on my door, but for obvious reasons didn’t open it for her. She then took the initiative to open the door herself, probably pushing the handle up with her nose and pushing the door open with her paw. This startled me a bit, so I hope the interviewer didn’t hear me make any strange noises as I spun around and dramatically gestured to my dog to keep herself quiet, which really was unnecessary since she rarely makes any noises when in the house. She obediently walked next to my bed and laid herself down, of course.
I love my dog, in case you couldn't tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, I would definitely hate to see you end up in the red light, for obvious reasons. If push comes to shove, you can crash at my place. :)
ReplyDeleteOf course I'm now eagerly waiting for the final part of this chapter so we can all enjoy the next one. Ah, it's been a rocky path all along, hasn't it? ;)
Concerning your dog, well, next time she has an important appointment with a certain bone, just interrupt her. Revenge! An eye for an eye...
If you were in Korea... maybe. ;P
ReplyDeleteThanks for following along though. Haha. As for my dog, it's ok. I actually bother her a lot and she tolerates me, so I'll forgive her, maybe just this once. =]
Fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kelly! Hope you have a good and safe trip back to the States. I miss you lots.
ReplyDelete