Sunday, February 12, 2012

Knittin' and watchin' my stories

I had some really delicious green tea bingsu today, but was also very pleasantly delighted by a chocolate banana mochi I shared with Lisa. It was cold, so the taste slowly spread across my taste buds. While we were shivering after eating bingsu and mochi right before heading back out into the wintery weather, we both were convinced that losing a little bit of body heat was worth the delectable quality of our desserts. 



Now, I'm sitting here in my apartment watching Law and Order: SVU ... and knitting. Yes. Knitting.


I'm just practicing now. I've learned how to do the two most common and basic stitches from Missy, a very kind and down-to-earth coworker, but I may be doing them incorrectly already. My yarn is getting worn out from me knitting, unraveling, knitting, unraveling, knitting, unraveling, and knitting again. Then again, I just started learning yesterday.

I'm hoping that at one point, I'll be good enough so that I can contribute to projects like this one:


In the meantime, I'm going to amuse myself by feeling like a grandmother, knitting and watchin' her stories.

P.S. Any of you that have smartphones (and the correct app), could you try scanning this and let me know if it brings you to my blog? 
Is this for my blog?
Thank you! :)

2 comments:

  1. haha! join me in my spinsterhood. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :) We should come up with a new name for that.

      Delete