Sunday, September 02, 2012

Gayaguem, weather, discounts, ice cream, and care packages making my days happy amid the chaos of semester preparations


It's been an eventful, and hectic, last week of August and first couple days of September so far. One of the awesome things is that I'm taking gayaguem classes again at the National Gugak Center. They offer special classes for non-Korean citizens, for 3 months, 2 hours a week. The classes teach a traditional instrument of your choice (unless the class has less than 8 people sign up), all for an unbelievably cheap price (30,000 won). I took the classes in the spring, so I signed up for it again this fall.


The weather's been gorgeous on the most part lately, after the two typhoons passed through Seoul last week. Since the latter part of last week, the sky pretty much looked like this:





The underground market under Express Bus Terminal has reopened! It's been pretty fun walking around, browsing for discount prices on cute clothes:


After Italy, my sweet tooth has been re-awakened. I've been devouring much more ice cream, cookies, and chocolate lately:



As for tech... I got a HD monitor which will be replacing the space depleting projection tube television I've been borrowing from my head teacher. I've been using that monitor to watch Law & Order SVU and to replay Bioshock 2. :)



Finally, I got a care package in the mail from Jenny P! I love care packages and letters and such. Thank you! :) I have a lot of really wonderful people who I'm so lucky to count as my friends. Jenny is one of these friends.


More updates later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment