Friday, January 29, 2010

Fishes in a tower, birds over tea, and cats pouncing hot cocoas

This week was rather busy. If I start from Sunday evening, I saw the Leadmos 2-on-2 B-boy Competition, the 63 building in Yeouido, a tea shop in Insadong with flying song birds, and a cat cafe near Seoul National University. If only I could go to the dog cafe in Hongdae - I feel like this week would be completely complete, even though it's already rather awesome.

Here's a picture of Taiyo and a very sleepy and sweaty me:


I was definitely fan-girling in the last entry - but I bet it was entertaining, wasn't it?

On Monday, a few friends and I went to the 63 building (육삼 빌딩) in Yeouido (여의도). There's a lot of stuff in there, including shopping, an art gallery in an observatory floor, a wax museum, an aquarium, an i-max theater, and restaurants.



We bought a "Big 3" ticket which allows us to pick and choose which attractions we want to see, but we only made it to the observatory and the aquarium. By the time we left the aquarium, pretty much everything was closed.


After taking a picture with a very tall and waxy Leonardo Dicaprio, we made our way to the observatory floor. The elevator is enclosed in glass so that you can see the view as you ascend or descend.

This is what Seoul looks like from the 63 building:


Afterwards, we went to the aquarium, which wasn't bad. I very much enjoy aquariums, so I had a good time, anyway. I hope my friends did to. 

 

Aside from the fish, we somehow became engaged in a very in depth discussion about bathroom etiquette. I won't go into detail here.

The next day, I went to Insadong (인사동) for dinner at an Italian restaurant:



Then, we happened upon this mysterious place:


According to the stairs, it's a "Bird Flying Tea Shop." And, in fact, there were flying birds inside, along with a nice selection of teas.

 

Despite my slight worry about being pooped on, it was a very relaxing and serene experience. I definitely want to go back again.

Then on Thursday, I went to a cat cafe near Seoul National University (서울대)! Meow~

 

Before we enter Gio Cat Cafe, please take a good look at the rules:


And... here we go:


What a great week. :)

11 comments:

  1. *_* seems like my comment didn't get sent >_<

    anyway, wasn't the kind of nekos that i was expecting. But it's awesome anyway xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! I'm glad I contributed to your awesome week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you get to choose a cat that hangs out with you or are they just roaming around the place?

    also: where did those birds poop? really? lol. i can just imagine there being bird poop everywhere with birds flying around inside like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 63 빌딩 was fun! Thanks for posting some of the pictures. I still need more practice with my Rebel.. ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. D - ... No comment. :P

    Aaron - It was really an awesome week. :) Thanks!

    mac-a-Roni - They were just roaming around, but they were very friendly and very calm (most of them). I have no clue where the birds pooped, but they didn't poop in our tea or on us at all.

    Janet: It was fun! Thanks for coming~ My camera is jealous of your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're always busy, busy~

    Sweet weekend. I always wanted to check out that dog cafe, but didn't know there was a cat cafe. Let me know when you go check it the dog cafe. I want to go^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny - I definitely want to go to the dog cafe. I'll let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that cafe!!!!!!! My favorite place in Seoul by far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW..LOVE the pics! Ummm i'm assuming the cats were fake but man the detail looks great on them. I would also be afraid if I got pooped on by birds while eating. Lucky you the birdies were in good spirits. GREAT pics of the skyline, loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Haydee. :) The cats were real. XD They were just really friendly and gentle (at least the ones that I met). Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete